MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DPTOverview
The department of Mechanical Engineering came into being in the year 2013 and the first batch of mechanical engineers passed out in 2017. The department is proud to produce 65 mechanical engineers to serve the nation every year with technical expertise along with social commitment. Department is capable of providing high end teaching with 20 well qualified faculties and 14 experienced technical staff to handle 10 laboratories/workshops with latest equipments like 3D printer, CNC etc. Also the department schedule and organisesworkshops/training programmes to keep students updated with the current industrial scenario.
To empower and enrich the youth with quality education and moral values
- To provide career-oriented professional education to produce technically competent engineers.
- To address the problems faced by the industry and the society while advancing the scopes of multidisciplinary applications.
- To promote an effective learning environment in the campus in collaboration with industry.
- To enhance the institute standing as the institute of choice for students across the state.
- Promote all round personality development of the students through interaction with alumni, academicians and industry.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
1. To mould students with thorough understanding of the basic Engineering Technology, Mathematics and Science.
2. To generate graduates with integrity through rigorous coursework, who are highly motivated, industry ready and extremely capable individuals with entrepreneurial skills.
3. To prepare students for developing solutions to practical engineering problems through innovative and critical thinking, upholding ethical, social and environmental commitment.
4. To instil life-long learning attitude and ignite passion for engineering thereby contributing to the development of the nation.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation, and give and receive clear instruction.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and undertaking of engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.